Monday, August 8, 2011

No Guarantee

I am very excited to be moving forward with this process of trying to adopt a specific child from Africa that I met and fell in instant love with on my last trip. Doors are opening and I'm walking (or running) through them. I'm doing all that I can and there are moments when it's a little crazy to think about all the stuff I have to get done but I am fully in this and willing to do whatever I have to do to try to bring this little boy home. But all along in regards to this sweet little boy - I have been praying for his best interest and for God to show me if I'm his mom or if He has another family for him. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping with all my heart that I get to be his mom and so far, it is looking like that hope may become reality. But if it doesn't, I trust God. If God has a different family for him and a different child for me - I trust Him. It's not about what I want or hope - it's about God's plans and above all - that's what I'm after - being in His perfect will for my life and the life of that little boy. He loves that little boy. And he loves me. And he wants the best for us both. I hope that best includes me being his mommy. But there's no guarantee. And that's ok. I appreciate all the love and support everyone has given. I am so thankful for all the prayers that have gone up and will continue to go up. And for all the donations made to help me bring him home. It means more to me than you could ever know. Let's keep praying, keep hoping and keep moving forward - and let's see what God does.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends ALL understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

It has been almost 2 years since I posted. Just today it occured to me that there may be some single adoptive mommas out there who follow th...