Saturday, June 16, 2012

My heart hurts

I'm trying to stay busy so I don't think every second about the fact that my child is on the other side of the world and I've missed almost a whole year with him already since we first met. I'm counting down the days until I see him again (next month) but dreading 4 days later when I have to leave there without him and come home. I'm praying for a miracle - that somehow, someway, I could bring him home when I go. I know it seems impossible and unlikely and yet, I know God can do anything. I believe He can. I hope that He will.

But in the meantime, in this moment, my heart just hurts. I want to go get him and bring him home so he has a forever momma who gives him all the snuggles and attention he needs and wants. Oh my sweet, sensitive, snuggly one - I would come get you right now if I could.

It seems like forever. And yet, I see on my facebook every day other families welcoming home their little ones that they waited so long for. Many of them waited longer than I've been waiting. And I'm sure they had days when it felt like forever too. Most days feel that way. But it finally happened for them. It gives me hope to keep holding on and believing that day will come. Praying it'll come soon. Really, really, soon. And once it does, then we have forever. I'm holding on till forever.

I'm ready for you, little man. Your momma is SO ready!

2 comments:

  1. Just shared a link to your site on my blog post today about adoption fundraising -

    http://www.myoverthinking.com/2012/06/overthinking-fundraising.html

    Hope it helps a little!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Thank you!!! I loved your post:)

      Delete

It has been almost 2 years since I posted. Just today it occured to me that there may be some single adoptive mommas out there who follow th...